The Restart Grant is designed to alleviate the pressure on businesses to cover fixed costs without being in a position to generate revenues & to contribute to reopening costs.
- direct grant aid of between €2,000 minimum and €10,000 based on commercial rates bill from 2019
- scheme applies to small businesses with a turnover of under €5 million and employing 50 people or less
- scheme opens for applications on Friday 22 May through the Local Authorities
To avail of the Restart Grant, a business must be in the Local Authorities Commercial Rates Payment System and:
- have an annual turnover of less than €5 million and employ between 1 to 50 people
- have closed or suffered a projected 25%+ loss in turnover to end June 2020
- commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed
- declare the intention to retaining employees that are on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS) and to reemploy staff on the Pandemic Unemployment Payment where applicable
- Applications for the Restart Grant can be made online to local authorities from Friday 22 May.
- Processing of applications and payment of the Restart Grant will depend on the initial surge of applications but, as far as is feasible, will be prioritised according to scheduled re-opening dates in the national Roadmap.
If you would like help in applying for this grant, please contact email@example.com for further information.